Thursday, August 16, 2007

There's This House...


There's this house around the corner from ours that I am in love with...I don't know my architecture, but I would describe is as a Spanish Colonial, (just to sound like I know my architecture...)...you can't see the house too well, as it's on a slight hill...and the house is obstructed (visually, from the sidewalk) by it's patio. All you can see is the garage, with it's lion statues, the patio, and part of the house, including it's brick roof. I LOVE IT.
I walk by it every morning, and if O and I go for an hour walk around the block, I see it again. I think it would be a marvelous home to live in...the gardens, or what you can see, have such potential...there are these gigantic urns everywhere...empty, calling for ornamental grasses and perennials...It needs a lot of TLC.
Today on our walk, we met a neighbor, whose home backs to this home...so I mentioned to her that I was intrigued by this home, and that if it ever went on the market, I'd love to buy it...(insert here Joe's, "WHAT???")
She told me that the house is abandoned...empty, and has been for about 3 years...the guy who owns it, owns another home across the street, which she said is also empty, (although I question this, as that one has a lovely yard)...I will look up it's current "value" on zillow and see if this would even be a possibility for us...it's a fixer upper, but it's beautiful!!!

No comments: