Monday, December 19, 2005

Ahhhhh....Quiet


I just put the piglet to bed and turned off NPR...I have the fire going and it's crackling is the only sound I hear...

It's nice being here now...the pups are asleep after a couple of days of constant activity...they have found their beds a sanctuary of sorts...especially from me probably...telling them constantly to sit, lay down...stay...PLEASE STAY...Needless to say our pups have a mind of their own...



My dear friend Nicole came to visit from Bozeman. We spent Saturday together while Joe hung out with little O...We started out our outting with lunch at Lola's, the only restaurant we found open...We had a delicious meal...I, a petite lamb burger on a small artisan bun with roasted vegetables...Nic had squid kabobs with a cilantro mint (I think) sauce...and of course a generous glass of wine...we then headed to a day spa for a little pampering. I had the Pacific Rim treatment...soaked in a Japanese tub, scrubbed my neglected skin with some sort of oil and salt mixture that stung my recently shaven legs...then off for a nice long massage. It felt so good...I love being touched...doesn't matter if I know you or not...wanna rub my feet? Sure...go ahead...So there I laid, relaxed and willing to have my muscles kneaded...it was wonderful...(Thanks honey!)

After our date, we headed back home to the piglet and dearest Joe. I had bought a highly recommended bottle of Argentinean wine and as soon as we arrived we poured ourselves a glass. Joe had a fire roaring, the Christmas tree was lit and O was asleep on his little swing...Tucker, (Nicole's Pug) played all day with Enzo and Louis, so they were happy as well.

I made dinner and we sat at the table and enjoyed every last bit of it...and eventually opened yet another bottle of wine. I pulled out my WONDERFUL new camera and began playing with it at the table...both Joe and Nicole are owed my gratitude for putting up with the constant shots and flashes of flash going off in their faces...I felt like the papparazzi...and they, I'm sure, felt like the hounded celebs..."Over here! Over here!"



After the photo shoot hounding thing, we sat around and continued chatting until sleep over came us all...and so the wonderful day came to an end!



Today both Joe and Nicole left...and I, the pups, the Pooks and O stayed behind, in our beautiful and now, very quiet home.

You are both missed.

No comments: