Friday, December 02, 2005

No, It Wasn't The Whole Tree That Fell On The House...

1:36 a.m....BANG! CRASH! BOOM! I leap from the bed...Pookie BOLTS...the pups run into the bedroom...hackles up...O stirs. I get out of bed and try to wake up and gather my thoughts...what the hell was that?



There you go....4 branches fell on the roof and snow covered the yard...I don't think there is any damage..Joe will look at it this morning...I contemplated removing what I thought was just one branch at 2 a.m., but the thought of dealing with it was not too exciting and I talked myself out of it rather quickly...I immediately thought that one of the 75-100 foot pines was going to fall on the house..more precisely right where O and I lay sleeping...but after a large bowl of cafe au lait, I realized that 10 feet of snow had NOT fallen upon us and there was zero wind...so we were safe for the night. I did think that our power may go as it does sometimes, so I did some chores and finished at 4 a.m...


The pups enjoyed chasing each other for a couple of hours...both at 2 a.m. and at 8 this morning when I actually managed to peel myself from my nice, warm, untreed bed.

Beauty...


1 comment:

gigi said...

Wow! Really happy you are OK. :)