Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Love Birthdays!

So the other night, a few of us got together for Beth's birthday at the Steelhead Bar and Grille for some food and a little beer...


A few of them had celebrated first by getting a pedicure together...


...(I didn't join them as I had gone on my own a few days before and Joe would have raised an eyebrow or two if he saw the bank statement...)

The birthday girl was lovely as usual and didn't look a day over 29...



and even picked up this guy at the bar, who seemed like a nice enough fellow...



There was even live music...and I have to say that it was really good...it was just one guy with a guitar...and he played Pink Floyd...The Eagles...The Beatles covers and did them well!



After spending 4 hours at the bar, a few of us headed over to the mall for a movie.

Mama Mia.


Honestly, it was the perfect movie to end the night with...and as an added bonus, we were the only FOUR people in the theater! It was GREAT...(except for some people that kept talking throughout the whole movie...but I won't name any names...)





The best part was Ms. Jody, dancing all over the aisles, steps, chairs to the blaring tunes of ABBA...





What a great night...Thanks Beth!!!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Great post, Amalia! You captured the highlights so well.

It was so much fun.

Jody said...

WoW! I couldn't have said it better myself. Birthday, food, drinks, movie, live music & ABBA all in one night. How fanastic! Oh yes...& a LIVE dance performance. Try & proove that was me.

tiny robot said...

FUN! neato bandito!

looks like you have found some friends who might possibly be as awesome as me! *ahem* ;0

love you!!!

Julie said...

Oh! I am so jealous! You guys had so much fun! Happy Birthday, Beth! Love the pics of Jody. Glad to know things haven't changed!

Anonymous said...

man those were the good old days!