Thursday, May 31, 2007

A New Chapter

We were to give possession of the house on Friday, May 25th at 9 p.m. We erroneously thought we'd be out of there early in the afternoon and on our way to Spokane...We made it out of the gate at 8:58 p.m.!!! Ha!

I didn't have time to say good-bye really...we were so tired from packing and cleaning all day, that when it was time to go, we just popped into the cars and left...

I had called Gigi earlier and asked her if we could spend the night at their house as we were in no shape to drive 5 hours...so we headed over to Seattle and had a lovely dinner waiting for us along with a very comfy bed...I was too wound up to sleep, but managed to eventually.

In the morning, we had a leisurely breakfast, and around 10:30, said our good-byes.

Gigi, in all her wonderfulness, made a little snack pack for each of us...we put the boy in the car, and we headed east.

The drive was pretty non-eventful...Owen did great...he rode with me for a couple of hours, then we stopped at a truck stop, bought a sandwich for lunch and sat on one of the only patches of grass available to eat!


Owen rode with Joe the rest of the way, and I entertained myself with random shots of the highway/scene/Joe pulling the U-Haul while listening to Christian stations, hard rock, and at last, my beloved NPR...


(You can see Owen in the passenger side waving!)
Then, at some point, 6 hours after we pulled away from Gigi and Victor's driveway, Spokane was in view.

I felt really happy to be here...the excitement of the unknown...new city...new friends...new house...and most importantly, the three of us being together again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*big hugs to you* you're making me cry!!

gigi said...

you are too much! and too cute, it was great having you at home one last night before you headed out... now before I start to cry...