Thursday, November 02, 2006

Letting Go...



This time I mean it. We are truly weeks away from moving. I only have to finish painting a couple of rooms, cleaning and setting the house up for selling.

A couple of days ago, they came to put in the carpet in the master bedroom, which I have used as my studio for these past 5 years. I painted the walls a beautiful caramel color and was in the process of painting the hall just outside the room, when I was overcome with sadness. I went into the bedroom and wrote a couple of messages on the soon to be covered floor. I wanted the house to know that I loved it...so many memories...In that room in particular, I had found my creativity again, there in my tree house...I painted many, many canvases there...drank many cups of coffee and mate and tea...spoke on the phone to Bebhinn, Maggie and Tusi...I read my art magazines...I sketched...I held my little baby, I chatted with my love, Joe.

I know we will create a new wonderful home for us. I know there will be other gardens. I know there will be other memories. I look forward to creating them...

No comments: