Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yey!

I am thrilled about blogging...and wish I had come to it at an earlier time...the mere thought of all those lost posts...all those bright musings I would have written...Ahhhh regret....

I have spent far too much time reading others' blogs...I could literally spend days doing this...I have laughed out loud...I have cringed at the racism or unwanted surgery picture that popped up on my screen...what the hell was that anyway...looked painful and too big to be a clitoris removal...but that's what came into my mind...I don't think it was in English so I can only imagine...I have been moved and angered...yes, this is home. So many interesting people and so many boring ones. I will be both to many.

I can't make this a rambling about things that piss me off...that just perpetuates the negative...although there will be plenty of it. I listen too much to NPR...that's my problem currently.

Why do people blog. Is it to just see yourself think? Is it to impress? Is it narcissistic to think that what you (or I) have to say is so interesting that others will read it? Is it the new community?

Why am I here?

I like to type. I am full of opinions. I can be funny and want to share that. I am bored? No...that's not it. I want to write. I want to keep a log of my thoughts so I can come back in a few years and read the shit I wrote about...

I write because I can.

There is a saying that goes something like, "It isn't shameful to not be able to read, it is shameful to be able to and NOT to." (I'm killing it, but you get the idea)...and this can apply to just about anything...to writing, to feeling, to cooking, to loving...I sometimes think about the possibility of becoming paralyzed and how I should value my legs more. Does anyone else think this?

I am hungry, so I'm off to cook since I can.

No comments: